Lionel Messi is the new highest earning athlete in the world, with figures reaching $130 million in earnings (excluding taxes). The Argentine star leads the Forbes list for the second time, after doing so in 2019.
Meanwhile, UFC superstar Conor McGregor and #1 on the list in the last edition, disappeared from the Top-10, being surpassed by several athletes from soccer, basketball, tennis and boxer Saul “Canelo” Alvarez, who occupies the eighth position in the ranking.
Below is the Forbes list of the highest paid athletes in the world:
- Lionel Messi: $130 million
- LeBron James: $121.2 million
- Cristiano Ronaldo: $115 million
- Neymar: $95 million
- Stephen Curry: $92.8 million
- Kevin Durant: $92.1 million
- Roger Federer: $90.7 million
- Canelo Alvarez: $90 million
- Tom Brady: $83.9 million
- Giannis Antetokounmpo: $80.9 million